Alhamdulillah I have edited some of the mini books we used and added more graphics etc, so they look much better than the plain mini books you’ll see from our pics (smiles). Insha-Allah you’ll be able to use them for your own Ramadhan lapbook. Just click on the pdf files to view and download the printouts. I would say the printouts are best suited for Grades 1 and up, but of course you can modify them to accomodate younger kids.
We got a lot of the ideas for this lapbook from TJ Ramadhan. Masha-Allah they even have activities for every single day of Ramadhan! After going through the lessons from TJ that I thought would be of interest to my daughter, we made this lapbook to supplement the lessons learnt. Also lapbooks are great for reviewing and your child will enjoy refering to them again and again to help remember all the stuff you’ve covered!
Here are some of the activties we did for our Ramadhan Lapbook. (You can always click on the pics for a more closer look.)
Go here and scroll down to Activity 3 and click on Make Your Own Lunar Calendar. We printed a blank calendar and the different pictures of the moon throughout the month from the lunar cycle. Then once we knew when the first day of Ramadhan was, we pasted the different pics of the moon onto the calendar, starting from the new moon and so on.
We also cut out squares and wrote the dates on them and taped them onto the corresponding moon pic so we could flip and see what the moon looked like on a particular date. Insha-Allah we’re planning to do to this calendar again this year but this time we’re going to use different colored paper for the dates to make it more colorful.
2) We learnt the reason why we fast and the daleel (proof) for this. View Why Do We Fast Activity pdf file.
3) We reviewed our memorization of Surah Al-Qadr and we learnt the meaning of this surah. (View Surah Al-Qadr Activity pdf file)
4) We learnt and memorized a hadeeth about fasting. (View Hadeeth on Fasting pdf file)
5) We learnt some new Arabic words (View New Arabic Words pdf file)
6) We learnt some new vocab (View New Words pdf file)
7) We learnt about the things breaks your fast & about the people who are exempted from fasting (View Who Are Exempted & What Breaks Your Fast Accordian Books pdf file)
9) We learnt about Laylat-ul-Qadr
10) We learnt about odd and even numbers
11) We had a Ramadhan Quiz (View Ramadhan Quiz pdf file)
12) We made a book about Ramadhan
13) We made a Ramadhan du’a book (View Ramadhan Dua Book pdf file)
14) We learnt that Ramadhan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and we learnt our Islamic months. (View Islamic Months Activity pdf file)
15) We practised our Arabic handwriting by doing some copywork. (View Command To Fast Copywork doc.file)
I’ve also made a Fasting Cycle Wheel to add on to our Ramadhan lapbook. (View Fasting Cycle Wheel Book pdf file)
If you’re new to lapbooking, I’ve just found out about a great site for Islamic lapbooking resources! And even if you’re not a big fan of lapbooks, insha-Allah you can still make use of the resources here to supplement your Ramadhan lesson plans.
Have fun lapbooking!